You are probably wondering how celebrities like Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Simpson & Hilary Duff look so gorgeous all the time?
How does their hair always look so perfect and well-conditioned?
What’s the Secret?
Well the secret is in the tools, the products and the stylist.
You can create these looks at home, and one of the best tips is:- the less time you spend on it the better it will look. Now you are probably wondering how, but if you think it takes 8-20mins to straighten your hair, you may start to believe me.
I want to give you some great tips that you can use at home that will help you to look even better. These tips come not only from personal experiences but also from the celebrity stylists, who help to create a great red carpet look.
So here we go, read on for the ultimate in celebrity hair tips.
How to get that “Going to the Oscars” Glamour
Whenever you see a picture of a celebrity on the red carpet, you are probably thinking how amazing they look. And what you can see is a hairstyle that has taken months of planning and trips to the stylists in order to look absolutely Hollywood perfect.
Before the big event, the celebrity will consult with their stylist about how they want to look, but also ask advice from their hairdressers on how to look up to date, but also very sexy and feminine.
who kept up with the times on the red carpet this year went for very large
Hollywood curls, with an extra rich colour and shine. To recreate this look
here are some tips on how to curl your hair so you can look just as elegant.
Create Great Curls
If you have just bought yourself some very expensive straighteners, or you are thinking about it, why not consider the idea of curling your hair with straighteners? You can get more controllable curls which are far easier to manage than your natural hair is!
- Make sure that your hair is semi-straight, or if not straighten it.
- Spray on some heat-protection spray and then divide your hair into sections. The fewer the number of sections the tighter the curls will be.
- Take the straightener and clamp it over the top of the section, then whilst pulling down the straighteners turn the straightener round. To produce a tighter curl clamp harder with the straighteners and pull harder when you bring it down.
- Do not brush your hair after you have done this, but simply tease through with your fingers. And add some shine spray.
Another way to curl your hair that always creates great celebrity styles hair effect is to use some heated rollers. The type of rollers that you should get should depend on how long and thick your hair is, and how tight the curl that you want to achieve is.
I would recommend for short thin hair to use a straightener (the above method) or tongs, for thick medium length hair to use some medium sized heated rollers and for really long hair I would use some very large velcro rollers. Try using these on wet hair and then drying off with a hair dryer (be sure to have plenty of hair grips on hand however).
The most perfect thing about celebrities hair is that it always
appears in perfect condition. Just think, can you remember every seeing
Jennifer Aniston with her hair looking messed up?!
Many celebrities will have plenty of deep conditioning treatments at their salon before the big event. These treatments will vary from Damage Restructuring to Deep Conditioning and Detoxifying.
There are plenty of high street products out there that are suitable for home use and you can pick them up on the high street for reasonable prices. I would always recommend that you look on the back and see the list of ingredients, the more chemicals it has in it, the worse it will be for your hair in the long run.
You may wish to consider trying some organic haircare products, which are not always as expensive as you think, and with organic followers like Gwyneth Paltrow and Elle McPherson you will be in great company!
Or indeed for a special event such as a prom or a ball, why not go down to your local hairdresser or beauty salon and have a hair wrap or mask? These may be quite expensive but will definitely get you the look that you desire and it’s worth treating yourself for a special event.
Always check with the salon about which treatment they think will be right for you, because not all of them will be suitable for your hair type.
Another important thing about your hairstyle is the colour. The richer and deeper the colour, the healthier you will look and the more attractive you will appear, it’s a well acknowledged fact.
Just look at the hair colour of Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Aniston
and Debra Messing to see what I mean.
So if you haven’t already booked an appointment at your local salon
to have a colour analysis, or follow these steps to the perfect celebrity
look-a-like hair colour:
Firstly look at your natural hair colour; does it seem lifeless and dull? Take a long look at your hair in the mirror and look at your friends and work colleagues- also don’t forget to ask your hair stylist for advice.
The next step is to determine your own hair colour if you don’t already know this. A good tip to remember is that men can often be the best judge of hair colour, because they can sometimes be more objective.
Once you have worked out what your hair colour is, try thinking of shades that are really rich in your mind but sticking to your own colour palette.
For example, if your hair is a dark blonde colour, but also has some dark brown and red strands in there, colours that would work for you would be reds and browns.
Another good example is Keira Knightley, she looks at her best with chestnut-coloured hair because this is closest to her natural colour.
I would always recommend trying colours that are slightly darker than your normal shade, and always try colours that are redder than your normal shade.
Red hair is really popular at the moment, with stars like Nicole Kidman and Julia Roberts endorsing it.
If you want to dye your hair yourself, try some wash-in wash-out formulas before you commit to a permanent colour. This way you can be sure of the colour and whether it suits you. The usual recommendation is just to go one shade darker each time.
Also, if you just want to look good for one special evening you can then use one of these formulas and not permanently change your colour, but still look astounding.
Perfect Nutrition = Perfect Hair
You may have heard this many times before, but a healthy diet is really important if you want to have great hair.
The stars that look the best are the ones that eat the right foods and focus on a good diet. Gwyneth Paltrow and Heidi Klum are great examples and look great without starving themselves or resorting to strange diets.
There are a few key things that you need to make sure you get enough of that will help your hair look at its best.
The first is to drink plenty of water, this gives the hair its shine and without enough it can leave your hair lank and frizzy. The usual recommendation is eight glasses a day, but don’t stick rigidly to this, just drink as much as you can.
Secondly, protein is really important to your hair as this is what it’s made of, so be sure to eat enough dairy and meat products.
Minerals like iron, zinc and copper are also really important.
The iron helps deliver oxygen to your hair to keep it alive and fresh looking, so eat plenty of red meat and dark green veggies.
Zinc is effective in keeping the hair strong, and prevents the hair falling out; it can be found in seafood and meat.
Copper is really important in maintaining the colour of your hair, and enough of this will really give your hair colour a boost, so make sure you eat enough shellfish, seeds and fresh vegetables.
Vitamins are also effective in maintaining a good scalp and a great overall condition of your hair, especially vitamins A, B and C. These can be found in fruits and vegetables.
A great celebrity secret is
the sweet potato, which is full of vitamins A and B and other great nutrients
which will give your hair great life and body.
Straighteners – How to create Perfect Hair
To create the perfect look for your hair, choose to straighten your hair. The effect of ceramic straightening means that the follicles on your hair lie straighter and therefore reflects more light, making it look healthy and a beautiful colour.
- Spray a heat-protective spray in your hair, this insures very little damage is done o your hair. Be sure to spray over the entire length of your hair.
- Fully dry hair using a blow dryer. Make sure that you blow downwards, this is so the you can keep the cuticles lying flat, thus leaving your hair shinier, because more light can reflect from your hair.
- Comb through your hair with a wide-toothed comb, so as not to create static in your hair. Keep this comb for the next part.
- Separate your hair into sections. Depending on the thickness of your hair you may end up having created between 4 and 10 sections. Start with the hair closest to your neck. and work up to the top. You will find that the more sections you have the straighter your hair will be in the end.
- Once you have your first section, turn on your hair straighteners. Starting at the top pull the straighteners down towards the floor. Do this fairly slowly. The slower you go the straighter it will be and the longer it will stay in. But also the slower you go the more damage you cause to you hair.
- Once your first section is straight, continue until all the hair is completed.
- If you are happy with your look, then spray some shine spray over all your hair. If not, continue straightening your locks until you achieve desired effect, please remember that straighteners can also create curls and waves, and so be creative.
116 Celebrity Hairstylists