Our body has extremely delicate areas, but the eye contour it is certainly one of those to which more attention must be paid, given that the skin is three times thinner than the cheeks and that, precisely because of its reduced hydrolipidic film, can encounter more often dehydration is loss of elasticity.
Even the wrinkles of the periocular area are, after all, the most evident characteristic of aging, regardless of age, and these are accompanied by eye bags which, however, are not necessarily a symptom of skin aging. Taking care of the eye area can therefore help prevent or delay the appearance of these signs that are a source of discomfort for many women.
The characteristics of the eye contour
As mentioned, the eye contour area is, together with that of the lip contour, one of the more delicate of our face, not only because the skin is thinner, but also because there is less of it collagen and adipose tissue, and less blood circulation.
We are also talking about one of the areas most subject to the formation of expression lines, being the main responsible for facial expressions.
For this it is extremely important to take proper care of the eye area with specific products, which are able to keep the skin hydrated and soft, not only on the surface, but even deeper. Only in this way can the look be fresh, healthy and rested.
How to take care of the eye area? 4 tips
Having said this, it is important to understand that there are some small tricks to follow to properly take care of your eye area.
Having a toned eye contour does not depend only on the products you use, but also on kind of life that you lead.
1. Limit smoking and alcohol
Smoking promotes cellular aging and makes the complexion dull and yellowish, while alcohol decreases the elasticity of the skin. Therefore, quitting smoking and limiting alcohol can help in the care of this delicate area.
2. Get 7-8 hours of sleep a night
The sleep it facilitates cell regeneration and gives a clear and radiant skin upon awakening. Sleeping the right amount of hours allows you to avoid the formation of bags under the eyes.
3. Pay attention to the diet
It is important to take on a lot water, fruit is fresh vegetables, foods that improve skin elasticity.
4. Avoid direct exposure to sunlight
It is now known that UV rays cause premature aging of the skin around the eyes, so it is important to avoid direct exposure, even using sunglasses.
The beauty routine for the eye contour
What are the steps most important to take care of such a delicate area on a daily basis? Let’s see them together.
- Massage your eyes in the morning: a slight pressure of the area around the eye contour is sufficient to reactivate the microcirculation, reduce swelling and give brightness to the skin.
- Moisturizes the skin throughout the day: the ideal routine for the eye contour includes a moisturizing action, combined with a filling action to restore normal skin tone.
- Don’t forget to remove your make-up in the evening: as often fatigue can take over, removing make-up is very important to maintain the brightness of the face.
- Protect your skin even in the evening and at night: the night is undoubtedly the best time to provide the skin with a skin repair action, and for this reason the best ally is a hyaluronic acid night cream which, by penetrating the epidermis, can limit the loss of hydration.
The best products for the eye area
To take care of the eye contour it can be preferred a serum or cream, and the difference between the two products lies mainly in the consistency: while the first is liquid and has a light and mattifying texture, and is therefore ideal for those with combination or oily skin and a rather damaged eye contour, the consistency of the cream and more full-bodied and therefore adapts to dry and combination skin.
We offer you a selection of the best products available on Amazon to reduce bags, dark circles and expression lines around the eyes.
Remescar Eye Contour
Remescar Eye Night Repair is a cosmetic treatment that reduces puffiness, dark circles and crow’s feet and lifts droopy eyelids overnight, with visible results in 28 days.
Buy on Amazon
- Night cream
- Visible results in 28 days
- Not everyone considers it effective
You are about to be redirected to the requested page.
Dolomitic Water Eye Contour
Dolomite Water permeates the epidermis, stimulating hydration and the absorption capacity of Vitamin E and the active ingredients of porphyry powder, for a more hydrated and smoother skin.
€ 63 on Amazon
- Expressly formulated to moisturize and smooth the skin thanks to Dolomite Water and the principles it contains
- Reduction of dark circles and expression lines
Rilastil Micrò Eye Contour Cream
Rilastil is a cream formulated for the treatment of bags, dark circles, dryness and wrinkles, which is quickly absorbed and helps tone the skin around the eyes.
€ 17 on Amazon
26 € you save 9 €
- With hyaluronic acid, vitamin complex, MicroCare and Eyes Care Complex
- Suitable for all skin types
- Poor effectiveness against the signs of aging
Nuvo ‘Snail Slime Eye Contour Cream
Nuvo ‘is a real intensive treatment for the eye contour, a valid help against dark circles, bags and dull eye contour with a nourishing, antioxidant, refreshing, anti-aging, protective action.
€ 19 on Amazon
- Nourishing, antioxidant, refreshing, anti-aging and protective action thanks to its 10 specific functional active ingredients
- Effective on all skin types
Picked by Amazon
WAKE moisturizing gel for the eye area
Rich in antioxidants
€ 27 on Amazon
- Natural ingredients
- Rich in antioxidants such as vitamin E
- Contains natural proteins
- Moisturizes the skin
- Gel formulation
- It can be a little liquid
The Wake eye contour gel is an excellent ally against dark circles and bags. The mix of natural antioxidant, moisturizing and refreshing ingredients helps to restore vitality to the area around the eyes and eyes. In addition, it contains collagen, which counteracts skin aging and thinning. The reviews are positive, because the product guarantees results in a few weeks, and gives a feeling of freshness in the morning. There are also those who appreciate the liquid gel consistency, because it does not dry out. While someone else would prefer it to be less watery, although still not greasy. One consideration to make is that it does not fit all types of dark circles: for darker and hollow ones you need more professional products.