The eye contour area is quite sensitive, both due to the reduced thickness of the epidermis and the scarcity of sebaceous glands. Like any part of the body, it needs special attention after sun exposure to stay healthy and hydrated at all times.
ll eye contour it’s a very delicate area, as it has a rather thin, very thin layer of skin and few sebaceous glands that make the hydrolipidic film not very homogeneous. For this reason, not only during, but also after exposure to the sun, you must take care of the eye area to keep it hydrated and healthy at all times.
These are not simple aesthetic charms (the sun’s rays, however, are among the main causes of the appearance of wrinkles and crow’s feet), but also fundamental attention for your health. As we have said many times, not protecting yourself especially during sunbathing can cause the appearance of skin diseases. Small gestures are really enough to prevent these disorders, let’s see what they are.
Remember that nutrition is also important for the eye area
It is not the classic phrase repeated by the doctor since we were children to convince us to eat correctly: the health of the eye contour also depends on your Power supply. Taking a lot of caffeine, overdoing it with salt, drinking a lot of alcohol, as well as leading an almost sedentary life, are not good for the eye area.
For this reason, you need to remember to drink at least two liters of water a day, get iron, vitamin C and vitamin B12, and exercise. Even a walk at a normal pace for half an hour is enough!
Foods recommended to take care of your eye area (before and after tanning)
There are foods that help keep the eye contour young, fresh and healthy, nourishing it deeply and avoiding dryness and the action of the dreaded signs of aging.
Let’s see what they are:
- Vegetable oils such as extra virgin olive oil or rice.
- Dairy products, meat, eggs, which help the proper functioning of red blood cells.
- Whole grains, rich in zinc.
- Blueberries, grapes, kiwis, cabbage, which contain vitamin K. This plays a fundamental role in blood clotting and ensures the functionality of the proteins that keep bones in shape.
Moisturizes the eye area to avoid dryness, redness and swelling
At the base of a good hydration of the eye contour are there right products. First, use make-up removers and gentle cleansers, which avoid putting the area under additional stress.
Then move on to applying a good cream with one rich texture to soothing action And nutritiousThe eye contour, in fact, needs to receive particular substances and particular textures to be always fresh and healthy and a simple fluid for the whole face is not enough.
The main ingredients of a good eye contour cream
- green tea which helps protect the skin from free radicals and helps the exfoliation of dead cells;
- natural active ingredients which stimulate the production of collagen (such as bioflavonoids, echinacea and horsetail extracts);
- aloe vera, perfect for refreshing the skin and draining the liquids accumulated in the under-eyelid area;
- resveratrol, an active ingredient present in large quantities in the grape skin, which helps the production of elastin and collagen and neutralizes the damage of free radicals;
- antioxidant vitamins, which protect the eye contour area from UV radiation from the sun, pollution and smoke;
- gotu kola extract, horse chestnut And rusco, draining ingredients that stimulate the microcirculation and fight the stagnation of liquids that occurs on the bags under the eyes;
- chamomile, with astringent and decongestant properties;
- coffee extract, which regulates the brightness of the eye contour.
Follow the correct skincare steps before applying eye contour products
Taking care of your eye area after exposure to the sun also means making sure you have carried out a proper cleansing before moving on to moisturizing products. Check if you follow all the correct steps routinely.
- First of all, dedicate yourself to the face cleansing and be careful to remove all traces of make-up, dirt and sebum. The best way to do this is to follow the double cleansing method.
- On the periocular area, gently pass a cotton swab impregnated with mild cleansing milk, possibly with neutral pH.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dry your face and pat it dry instead of rubbing it insistently.
- Apply your serum preferred, and possibly the specific one for the eye contour area.
- After, apply the eye contour cream, tapping it with your fingertips and massaging it with circular movements.
After these steps, you can apply your usual face cream.
Practice self-massage to reduce swelling
If your eyes tend to swell in the heat, you can perform a lymphatic drainage massage that is very simple to perform.
- First press the index, middle and ring fingertips along the lacrimal sulcus (movement that helps drainage).
- Then apply longer, harder pressure on the temples, in front of the ears and under the collarbones.
- Gently massage your temples in circular motions.
- Hold the eyebrows between thumb and forefinger starting from the root of the nose to the tail of the eyebrow outwards for a time ranging from 30 to 60 seconds.