L’clay it is now inevitable in beauty treatments and in the cosmetic world, thanks to its many beneficial properties for the skin. The clay masksbe it white, green or pink, they perform several important actions, however purify thoroughly the skin of the face and counteract any ailments.
Used to help treat acne, pimples, blackheads, and sometimes even erythema, clay masks are the choice of more and more people who want a natural and effective pampering. Let’s see what they are for, how do-it-yourself clay masks are made and some online products.
We recommend …
Natural remedies for pimples and acne
Without contraindications, natural, immediate and at no cost. Natural remedies are always the best! Here are 20 to fight once and for all …
Clay masks: what are they for?
Clay masks are beauty treatments to the face or body, which consist in spreading a clay compound on the skin. In contact with water, this element softens, almost forming a cream, easily spreadable, and which dries in a few minutes and solidifies. In this way it is easy to then rinse it to eliminate it by cleaning the face, or the area where it is applied, well.
Clay presents many property useful for the whole organism, and also in cosmetics, where it is mainly used for topical use on the face and body. The properties of clay on the skin are many, and for this reason it is used to obtain different benefits, thanks to its action:
- exfoliating, eliminating dead cells and making the skin softer, brighter and smoother;
- adsorbent, that is, thanks to the content of negatively charged ions, it is able to absorb water, sebum, toxins, metal or drug residues, but also bacteria and viruses;
- antiseptic and antibacterial;
- purifying and remineralizingWhen mixed with water, the clay releases minerals on the skin and absorbs its impurities. For this reason, clay masks are indicated to counteract acne, blackheads and pimples thanks to their purifying and detoxifying action;
- antioxidant and invigorating, it would seem able to make the skin more elastic and counteract cellular aging.
All these properties make the clay also sometimes suitable as an adjuvant treatment for dermatosis, erythema and inflammation, clearly under medical advice.
Green clay and white clay
When we choose to try a clay mask, we are faced with a dilemma: it is better to use clay green or white? Today the choice has increased, so much so that there is also clay rose is red, which are less common. In reality, the decision depends on the type and needs of the skin.
L’Green clay it assumes this color since it is found in the non-oxidized form, it is richer in minerals and iron and therefore has a higher adsorbing power. It has a greater purifying, antitoxic and remineralizing action, suitable for oily skin, to counteract acne, excess sebum, dilated pores.
L’White clay, also called kaolin, performs a less aggressive action, and is more suitable for sensitive and delicate skin, especially that of the face. The properties are similar to those we saw in the previous paragraph, especially the ability to exfoliate, eliminate dead cells and toxins, counteracting skin aging.
For a more complete action, thepink clay it looks like a mixture of green and white. Therefore, it combines the properties of both types, not very aggressive, nor very delicate, it is suitable for skin with redness or inflammation. In addition, it gives a calming and revitalizing effect, also improving the complexion of the face.
3 DIY clay masks
Thanks to their multiple actions and beneficial properties, clay masks can prove useful in improving the appearance of the skin of the face in several ways. Today it is no longer necessary to go to a beauty center to make a clay face mask, because it is easy to find them online and in the store, where they are found in pure form or with a mix of oils and beneficial ingredients.
For more targeted effects, they can also be achieved DIY clay masks, following fairly simple procedures, for a purifying result or other.
1. Clay mask with purifying effect
The mask with white clay and olive oil it is excellent for gently but deeply purifying the skin. Lemon juice helps in the healing action thanks to its acidic properties, eliminating excess sebum and toxins.
- 4/5 tablespoons of white clay
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- water to taste
- lemon juice
- Take the clay from the package with the help of a wooden spoon and place it in a bowl.
- Alternately add a teaspoon of oil and one of filtered lemon juice.
- Gradually add the water gradually, until you get a consistency that allows you to spread the mixture easily on the face. Be careful to avoid the formation of lumps by turning the mixture gently.
- Let the mixture rest for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove make-up and wash your face thoroughly with warm water which will facilitate the opening of the pores favoring the action of your mask.
- Apply the mixture generously on the face with circular movements and let it rest for about 20 minutes, remembering to avoid contact with the eye contour and lips.
- After 20 minutes, rinse your face, always with warm water without rubbing and dry the skin by dabbing with a soft towel.
- Apply a light layer of moisturizer.
- Repeat this beauty pamper at least once a week for a more effective result.
2. Clay mask with regenerating effect
The clay mask with honey it has a regenerating, rebalancing and illuminating effect, for a fresher and healthier face, and a radiant and smooth skin. For a more intense effect, you can add manuka honey, a natural soothing and antibacterial, excellent ally of the skin, especially when dermatitis, acne or other ailments occur.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of green or white clay
- 1 large spoonful of organic honey
- water to taste
- In a bowl, mix one tablespoon of clay with one of warm water, mix and add the remaining clay.
- Add the honey trying to mix everything in order to obtain a soft and homogeneous mixture.
- Apply your mask on the face starting from the ends up to the tip of the nose.
- Let the product rest for about half an hour.
- Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Repeat the mask even once or more times a week.
3. Clay mask for acne and blackheads
A more intense purifying action, which at the same time regenerates the skin and makes it brighter, that of the clay mask indicated for oilier skins, to help fight acne and blackheads.
- 2 tablespoons of green clay
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- lemon juice, about 2 tsp
- 1 drop of grapefruit essential oil
- distilled rose water to taste
- Put some rose water in the clay, and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Avoid mixing first, so that the clay slowly absorbs the water, hydrating and becoming a soft compound.
- Add the other ingredients to the clay dough and mix until you get a thick but spreadable consistency.
- Apply the mask on your face and leave it on for about 5-10 minutes.
- As soon as the product dries, rinse your face with warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
Clay masks – the best ones to buy online
As we have seen, it is possible to buy pure clay and make various DIY masks, with the addition of different ingredients. On the market there are also clay masks, both white and green, ready-made, each with different and multiple benefits. We have collected the best clay masks to buy online.
L’Oréal Paris – Purifying Mask with Pure Clay
Ideal for purifying the skin of the face
8 € on Amazon
9 € you save 1 €
- Effective after just a few uses
- Cleaner, duller and softer skin
- It does not dry out the skin
- Illuminates and purifies
- For a more complete action, the other clays of the same line would be needed
L’Oréal Paris has created a complete line of clay masks with a purifying, exfoliating and energizing action. The purifying clay mask is the most suitable for a more complete detoxifying and cleansing effect, a scrub that does not dry out and allows the skin to transpire, giving visible results from the first applications. The skin is fresher, cleaner and softer. It is composed of a unique combination of 3 mineral clays, kaolin, montmorillonite and ghassoul.
You are about to be redirected to the requested page.
Excellent value for money
Soothing moisturizing white clay mask
Perfect for sensitive skin
Buy on Amazon
- Moisturizing and soothing action
- Also purifying effect
- Great for delicate and sensitive skin
- Leaves the skin soft and radiant
- Contrasts redness and irritation
- Not suitable for oily skin
The Retinol Complex white clay mask guarantees a moisturizing and soothing action, suitable for more sensitive and delicate skin. Excellent for reducing redness and irritation, it regenerates skin cells thanks to the combined action of clay and hyaluronic acid, for a healthier and brighter face. In addition, it contains chamomile essential oil, an important ingredient for reactivating the circulation of the skin.
The best score on Amazon
100% VEGAN Purifying and Moisturizing Face Mask
Deeply purifies and hydrates
€ 26 on Amazon
- Purifying and moisturizing
- Cleanses and tightens pores
- Indicated against acne and blackheads
- Contains the applicator
- 100% vegan
- Effective after just a few applications
- Brighter and softer skin
- It does not irritate or dry the skin
- Price higher than the average
Plantifique’s Dead Sea clay mask is a product that performs a complete action: purifying, detoxifying, moisturizing and cleansing. Fights free radicals, relieves acne damage and skin redness by promoting natural healing. The mask is supplied with the applicator that helps to spread the skin while also giving a mild scrub.
The best-selling product
RoseCosmeticsNet Moisturizing Clay Mask
13 € on Amazon
- Very nutritious
- It does not pull the skin
- Suitable for sensitive and delicate skin
- Good light rose scent
- Leaves the skin clean and radiant
- Natural ingredients
- Less effective purifying effect
- Kaolin clay is somewhat dry
RoseCosmeticsNet’s moisturizing, illuminating and cleansing mask is a product that contains only natural ingredients, taken from plant extracts. In addition to white clay, it contains a combination of damask rose water, zinc oxide, chamomile extract and grape seed oil, which nourish, firm and cleanse the skin of the face. Among the other actions of this clay and rose mask we find the soothing and regenerating, toning and protective effect: in fact it is indicated to protect against external agents such as UV rays, humidity, pollution and stress.